Ravenswood Manor is a largely residential neighborhood comprising more than 500 buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Places on September 5, 2008. The neighborhood was first subdivided in 1909 by William E. Harmon & Co.
Ravenswood Manor is defined by its original subdivision boundaries, which are the Chicago River (east), Sacramento Avenue (west), Lawrence Avenue (north), and Montrose Avenue (south). It is located in the east end of the Albany Park Community Area, on the northwest side of Chicago. The CTA’s Brown Line “L” serves the community (Francisco Station).
Our neighborhood organization – one of the city’s oldest – is the Ravenswood Manor Improvement Association (RMIA), which is run by a volunteer Board of Directors. Directors serve on committees organized to address the needs of the community.
RMIA serves its members by:
Building community with annual neighborhood events including the Spring Fling, Easter Egg Hunt, Garage Sale, Garden Walk, Independence Day Bike Parade, and OktoberFest. Residents also gather for 2 semi-annual RMIA meetings in April and October.
Representing community interests with the Alderman, city departments, the Chicago Police Department, the Chicago Park District, local schools, local businesses, and media.
Maintaining and programming our parks and parkways: maintenance of LaPointe Park, installation of holiday illuminated “snowflakes” and decorations in Manor Park, support for the HPAC Summer Concert Series in Manor and Horner Parks.
Support for local schools, including Waters Elementary and the “Waters Today” organization.
Communicating with residents through our quarterly printed newsletter, email updates, special notice emails, mailings, flyers, Facebook, Instagram, and our website.