About the RMIA
Purpose statement: RMIA promotes the welfare of the community in respect to the maintenance and improvement of the physical appearance of the private and public property; the compliance with the laws as applicable to private and public property; the maintenance of facilities with respect to the safety, health and welfare of its residents.
Ravenswood Manor Improvement Association serves you by:
- Building community with annual neighborhood events including the Easter Egg Hunt, Garage Sale, Garden Walk, Independence Day Bike Parade, HalloWalk & Decoration Raffle, and Pergola Lighting Ceremony. Residents also gather for 2 semi-annual RMIA meetings in April and October.
- Representing community interests with the 33rd and 40th Ward Alders, city departments, the Chicago Police Department, the Chicago Park District, local schools, local businesses, and media.
- Maintaining and programming our parks and parkways: maintenance of LaPointe Park, installation of holiday decorations, support for the HPAC Summer Concert Series in the Manor and Horner Parks.
- Support for local schools, including Waters Elementary and the “Waters Today” organization.
- Communicating with residents through our printed newsletter, twice a month email updates, special notice emails, mailings, flyers, Facebook, Instagram, and our website.
Membership in RMIA is critical to our ability to serve you. For more information about becoming a member or renewing your membership, go to our Membership page, click here or on the above menu.
Communication: Stay up to date through updates, community notices, and event information. Like the RMIA facebook page and sign up for our twice a month email updates. Click the links below.
RMIA Facebook page
E-Newsletter Email Signup
An electronic copy of the by-laws can be found here.
RMIA Board of Directors
The board meets ten times per year, typically on the second Monday of the month at 7:00pm except in April and October, when the semi-annual meeting replaces the board meeting. Dates for semi-annual meetings vary based on the programming. The board does not meet during July and August for summer vacation. The location for each meeting can be found on the events page. Directors are members of RMIA, residents of Ravenswood Manor, and volunteer their time to improve our neighborhood.
Board members serve two years terms and officers are elected by a quorum of 1/10th of the membership each year. The Nominating Committee is always looking for new members who are interested in serving on the board. To find out more about serving on the board, contact the board president, by email at:
Matthew McClintock – Vice President
Parks & Parkways
Safety & Transportation
Social & Events