About the RMIA
Purpose statement: RMIA promotes the welfare of the community in respect to the maintenance and improvement of the physical appearance of the private and public property; the compliance with the laws as applicable to private and public property; the maintenance of facilities with respect to the safety, health and welfare of its residents.
Ravenswood Manor Improvement Association serves you by:
- Building community with annual neighborhood events including the Spring Fling, Easter Egg Hunt, Garage Sale, Garden Walk, Independence Day Bike Parade, and OktoberFest. Residents also gather for 2 semi-annual RMIA meetings in April and October.
- Representing community interests with the 33rd Ward Alderman, city departments, the Chicago Police Department, the Chicago Park District, local schools, local businesses, and media.
- Maintaining and programming our parks and parkways: maintenance of LaPointe Park, installation of holiday decorations, support for the HPAC Summer Concert Series in the Manor and Horner Parks.
- Support for local schools, including Waters Elementary and the “Waters Today” organization.
- Communicating with residents through our printed newsletter, twice a month email updates, special notice emails, mailings, flyers, Facebook, and our website.
Membership in RMIA is critical to our ability to serve you. For more information about becoming a member or renewing your membership, go to our Membership page, click here or on the above menu.
Communication: Stay up to date through updates, community notices, and event information. Like the RMIA facebook page and sign up for our twice a month email updates. Click the links below.
RMIA Facebook page
Constant Contact email sign up
An electronic copy of the by-laws can be found here.
RMIA Board of Directors
The board meets on the second Monday of the month, 7:00pm at Horner Park Field House, California and Montrose, unless otherwise posted in Events. Directors are members of RMIA, residents of Ravenswood Manor, and volunteer their time to improve our neighborhood.
To find out more about serving on the board, contact the board president, by email at:
Craig Pierson – Treasurer
Bette Rosenstein – President
Parks & Parkways